The Jilly Academy: Academy at the Farm Ticket Giveaway “Official Rules”
MUST BE 19 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO PARTICIPATE. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, PROVINCIAL, STATE, LOCAL, AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Administrator and Prize Supplier
1. The Jilly Academy: Academy at the Farm Ticket Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is administered by, and the prizes are supplied by, The Jilly Academy Inc. (the “Administrator”).
2. The Giveaway will begin on June 28, 2022 at 9:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time and end on July 1, 2022 at 12:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time (the “Giveaway Closing Date”).
3. The Giveaway is open only to natural persons who are legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) or the United States (including the District of Columbia, but excluding Florida and New York) who have reached the age of majority in their respective province, territory, or state of residence at the time of entry (the “Entrant”). Void in Quebec (Canada), Florida, New York, Puerto Rico, Guam, all US Territories, overseas US military installations, and where prohibited.
4. Employees, officers, and directors (including immediate family members and members of the same household) of the Administrator, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, and any other entities directly associated with this Giveaway are not eligible to participate.
How to Enter
5. You may enter the Giveaway by donating a minimum of $20 CAD to CMHA (donations accepted here) (the “Website”) for a maximum of two entries or through the alternative method of entry set out below.
Alternative Method of Entry
6. You may enter the Giveaway without making a purchase (the “AMOE”) by following the instructions below:
(a) Send the following information by email to [email protected]:
- your complete name;
- your home address;
- your telephone number;
- your e-mail address;
- your date of birth;
- a 50-word essay setting out why you are interested in The Jilly Academy and how you will use the funds if you are selected as a winner.
7. All emailed entries must be received by the Administrator no later than the Giveaway Closing Date. The Entrant is not permitted to use any third party to assist with the entry process in any way.
8. Limit one AMOE per envelope. AMOE sent in excess of the entry limit will not be accepted. The Entrant will receive up to two entries into the Giveaway by sending in the AMOE, one entry for answering each of the essay topics set out above. AMOE must include all required information (as provided above) to be considered a valid entry. Requests for confirmation of receipt of AMOE will not be acknowledged. The Administrator is not responsible for late, incomplete, undelivered, undeliverable, or misdirected entries. Proof of successful transmission does not constitute proof of receipt by the Administrator. By using this AMOE method, you agree that any other entries using other methods will be void.
9. By sending an AMOE, the Entrant explicitly agrees to receiving promotional and marketing email communications from the Administrator. The Entrant can stop receiving promotional and marketing email communications from the Administrator by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided in such communications
10. There are a total of three prizes available, each ticket being valued at $2,490 CAD (approximately $1,933.51 USD) (collectively, the “Prizes”). The total Approximate Retail Value of the prizes is $7,470 CAD ($5,800.53 USD).
Selection of Winners
11. At approximately 4:00 PM Pacific Daylight Time on July 5, 2022, winners for the Prizes (collectively, the “Winners”) will be chosen by the Administrator in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules.
12. The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received in accordance with these Official Rules.
13. The Winners will be notified by the Administrator through e-mail and will have no more than 48 hours to respond to the Administrator confirming their full legal name, date of birth, their valid mailing address, and phone number. If no response is received by the Administrator by the end of the 48-hour period, the Administrator reserves the option to select another winner. The Administrator is not responsible for prize fulfillment nor for any technical failures.
14. In order to claim their Prize, residents of Canada will be required to answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a skill-testing question, which question will be time-limited and administered by phone. Failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question in the allotted time will result in disqualification.
15. Once a response is received from a Winner and the information provided by the Winner is verified by the Administrator (including the Winner successfully answering the skill-testing question, where applicable), the Prize will be mailed to the Winner within 30 days. If a Winner has not provided the required information or does not meet the eligibility requirements for the Giveaway, the Winner will be disqualified and considered to forfeit the Prize. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Potential Winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Publicity and Liability Release, and, for US-resident Winners only, an IRS Form-W9, (where legal and where required) within the time period designated in the notification or the Prize will be forfeited and, at the Administrator's sole discretion, an alternate winner determined at random from among the remainder of all eligible entries.
16. Any and all applicable fees and taxes, transportation and travel costs associated with receipt or use of the Prize will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
17. The Administrator reserves the right to publish the Winners’ names (i.e., first name, last initial, and location).
Release and Limitation of Liability
18. By participating or attempting to participate in the Giveaway, the Entrant agrees that the Administrator, its affiliates, and their respective employees, officers, directors, representatives, and other agents (the “Released Parties”) are not liable whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any of the Prizes or from any of the Winners’ participation in the Giveaway.
19. In addition, the Released Parties are not responsible for:
(a) Incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, typographical errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway;
(b) Technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or internet networks, hardware, or software;
(c) Unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway;
(d) Technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries;
(e) Late, lost, undeliverable, damaged, or stolen mail; or
(f) Any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to any Entrant’s computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the Entrant’s participation in the Giveaway, receipt, use, or misuse of any Prize, or from downloading any material from the Administrator’s or its affiliated companies’ website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by the Administrator or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to the Administrator’s website by a hypertext link.
20. In no event will the Released Parties be liable under contract (including fundamental breach), tort (including negligence), or otherwise for any incidental, consequential, indirect, punitive, or special losses or damages, or for any losses or damages resulting from loss of business, loss of profits, loss of use, loss of or damage to data, or damages for pure economic loss, however caused, whether foreseeable or not, even if the Released Parties have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
21. In no event will the total liability of the Released Parties for any loss or damages relating to the Giveaway exceed the total purchase price paid by an Entrant through the Website, if any.
General Terms and Conditions
22. Compliance with Applicable Laws. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable laws. By entering the Giveaway, each Entrant agrees to abide by the terms of these Official Rules. This Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state, and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of the Administrator with respect to all aspects of this Giveaway are final and binding on all Entrants without right of appeal.
24. Violation of Official Rules. The Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual from the Giveaway and to ban the individual from any future giveaway organized by the Administrator, if the Administrator finds or believes the individual to be:
(a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway in any way; or
(b) acting in violation of the Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
25. Invalid Entries. If it is discovered that attempts were made by an Entrant (or any individual purporting to be an Entrant) to:
(a) obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple or different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods; or
(b) use any automated, script, macro, or robotic program(s) to enter;
(c) enter on behalf of any other person;
(d) provide false or misleading information; or
(e) otherwise manipulate the system of entry for the Giveaway,
in the sole discretion of the Administrator, then the Entrant will be disqualified from the Giveaway.
26. No Warranty. The Entrant agrees that the Giveaway and any prizes awarded are provided “AS IS” and the Administrator makes any no warranty, representation, or guarantee regarding the Giveaway or the Prizes. The Administrator makes no warranty that: (a) the Website and any content, features, or functionality offered thereon will meet any requirement or will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free; or (b) there will be no errors in the Website or any content, feature, or functionality offered thereon. The Administrator shall not be responsible for any damage caused to an Entrant’s computer, mobile device, or data, or for any bugs, viruses, Trojan horses, or other destructive code resulting from use of the Website or any content obtained from the Website.
27. Damage to Website. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage the Website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, the Administrator reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
28. No Substitutions. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. No substitution of Prizes is permitted except by the Administrator in its sole discretion. The Administrator reserve the right to substitute any Prize with another Prize of equal or greater value if a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason.
29. Modification or Cancellation of Giveaway. If the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other factor beyond the Administrator’s reasonable control, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Giveaway, the Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, without advance notice, to cancel or suspend the Giveaway, in whole or in part, or to modify it in any way it sees fit. In such event, the Administrator reserves the right to award the Prizes through a random drawing from among the eligible entries received up to the time of impairment.
31. Use of Information. By entering, the Entrant consents to the Administrator’s use, should the Entrant become a Winner, of the Entrant’s name, location of residence, or other aspects of the Entrant’s likeness without further compensation or notice, for publicity, advertising, or informational purposes in any media or format (including the Internet) in connection with the products, this Giveaway, or future similar giveaways.
32. Deemed Entrant. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online Entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the Entrant. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online entry in this Giveaway will be the Administrator’s clock.
33. Verification. All entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to require proof of identity or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Administrator including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification):
(a) For the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in the Giveaway;
(b) For the purposes of verifying the eligibility or legitimacy of any entry (or purported entry) for the purposes of this Giveaway; or
(c) For any other reason the Administrator deems necessary, in its sole discretion, for the purposes of administering this Giveaway in accordance with these Official Rules.
Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Administrator in a timely manner may result in disqualification of the Entrant in the sole discretion of the Administrator.
34. Jurisdiction. The laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein govern the Giveaway and the terms of these Official Rules and any dispute of any sort that might arise between the Entrant and the Administrator. By entering the Giveaway, the Entrant agrees that any claim, whether at law or equity, arising out of or related to the Giveaway, regardless of the date of accrual of such dispute, will be within the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of British Columbia, Canada. No class actions or consolidated proceedings may be used to resolve any claim or dispute related to this Giveaway. All actions to resolve any claim or dispute must be resolved on an individual basis. To the extent permitted by law, the court shall not have the power or authority to award consequential, incidental, or punitive damages against the Administrator.
35. Interpretation. The headings appearing in these Official Rules are inserted for convenience of reference only and will not affect the interpretation of the terms of the Official Rules. Words importing the singular include the plural and vice versa, and words importing a male person include a female person.
Contact. If you have any questions or concerns about these Official Rules, please contact us in writing at [email protected].